NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

11.4.12

Super-Cooled Persian Lady


Dear Ghazal, I always knew that Persian people can be pretty cool. But who could ever think they are that cool. Watching this news from Sweden I even got the impression that the Swedish spectators dressed in their fur coats and heavy snow-boots are more freezing than the Iranian lady jumping into the ice-whole. All I can say about her courage is "Marg Bar Dictator".


   


 Before you go and try to do the same exercise, please make sure there is a pre-warmed towel kept for you outside.

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I first thought this has to be a fake video. I simply cannot believe that the Swedish vikings had to wait for an Iranian Lady who shows them the "pleasure" of ice-swimming. But who knows, maybe it was a real event. Considering the strong personality of us Persian people, I could imagine that Mrs. Shamshakimi really tried to challenge the Swedes. In case I will try it, I will not only bring a pre-warmed towel with me, but make sure somebody with a decent camp-fire is around, like the one we had in Munich at the Isar river-banks.
    take care
    /ghazal

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, to some pleasure may be pain to others. I tend to disagree with Ghazal on we (Persians/Iranians: to be politically correct) are not that strong but adaptable! I think that is human quality, in general. Having said that, this is quite common practice (jumping in deep freeing water, I believe in Russia and Canada or even in Tabriz, Iran it is practiced. If I am not mistaken, I think it is named polar bar swim in Canada! Thanks for sharing! Cheers,

    ReplyDelete