NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

31.7.17

Evening confession

I sit in our garden after a day working in the lab on CrispR/Cas9 knocking out a newly discovered genome sequence from mouse zygotes. In general, I am a big proponent of new technologies, be it in IT, space research, or genetics, which is my own field of research. I do not see any reason to limit human ambitions to discover nature and to change nature, if we have good reasons that this will improve our life.
Now I sit in our garden, it is perfectly silent, only occasionally I can hear a blackbird rustling under the bushes. A dragon fly is drawing the most elegant trajectories in the air. Our dog Ivo is carefully watching me, expecting some sorts of gift. Even the big samovar, left from the garden party a few days ago, seems in perfect harmony with the flora and fauna around. The clouds are forming a pattern of self-organized stripes in the sky, and everything appears as perfectly peaceful.

I can not imagine that this is all endangered by my rational believe in the power of mankind over nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment