NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

17.8.10

Breakfast at Tiffany"s

Ghazal my Dear,

It was funny to hear that your parents used the phrase "Breakfast at Tiffany"s" to express some special moments that they somehow did not wanted to further explaine to their kids. The movie "Breakfast at Tiffany"s" , probabaly much more than the original book by Truman Capote, really became a cult movie, although I have to admit I watched it only a few years ago for the first time (the book, like all others by Capote I used to read much earlier). I fully understand your parents keeping the movie in a special corner of their hearts, but It is a pitty they have never tried to introduce you to it and explained what is so special about it (but it is perhaps difficult to explain by words, you have to watch it yourself). I think its values and great humanity is absolutely timeless, people will always find it just wundereful, it is lovely and it is sad at the same time.
And Audrey Hepburn, who plays the main character Holly Golightly is still considered the most lovely face ever shown on a cinema screeen (if you read and believe the comments on the International Movie Database).
But here I have to intervene and insist, that another girl, one that fears spiders and loves fast-food at KFC, has eyes and a smile and a lovely voice that leaves me spellbound more than Audrey Hepburn.

There are a couple of nice scenes from the movie on youtube.

I wish you a good night, nice dreams, wild REM phases, and a relaxed morning.

Take Care, Don"t run away when I am not here.

Michael


PS: Do you remember the Svarovsky-Exhibition in Wattens/Austria I told you about. The glass cristals they produced somehow continue the craftsman tradition of Tiffany"s. This would be another reason to go their and watch the Galery.

................................................................
hi michael,

now i think you are on the way. hope u will have a nice time.
thank you for the video. it was nice.

i am going to helmholtz. i did not want to leave yesterday, i want to prepare more gel electrophoresis and then write a bit.

take care
/ghazal
................................................................


Hi Ghazal my Dear,
It is a quite wild place we ended here. Internet only accesible through a donkey path. Have a nice Sunday.

Is it as hot in Germany as it is here ?

Did you had a nice weekend ? Breakfast at Tiffany"s is rarely on the cinema program. We have to wait or I"ll try to get a DVD.

Relax. my dear

Michael
.............................................................

hi michael,
it was sunny, but not so warm, not inside anyway. yes i went to helmholtz yesterday, all alone. scary. did some pcr and elecrophoresis. and wrote a bit. today i tried to write a bit more. i looked at the cd you gave me, alot of articles there! got a bit scared, but its good.

have a nice and relaxing time there.

take care.
/Ghazal
................................................................

Ghazal, my dear,

thank you so much for writing occasionally. It warms up my heart (might sound very romantic, but it is real).

I hope you are o.k. I hope it was not too scary in the institute during the weekend. Did you came by bike ?
I don"t really feel here as I am doing vacacions. My thoughts are too much in munich, I"m worrying that you might need me right now to prepare the text for Prof. T. and to plan the next experiments.
Please, don"t hesitate to send me some parts of the text to go through. I really have nothing else important to do here.
I read some books here, but they can wait. For me it would be a pleasure to help you to take off some of the pressure.

Take Care, my dear

Michael


PS: The sea here is pretty wild. The beach is virtually made from rocks, and we are all a bit injured already. I hope there is sufficient Iodine in the sea water
to keep my wounds free of infections. You see, even here 900 km away from munich the iodine stays in the center of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment