NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

28.7.10

Schizophrenia ? Kind of !

Hi Ghazal my Dear,

What are you doing on such a wet day ? Same procedure as last evening I guess. Why are you so quiet again ? It was a pitty you left so quickly today. I got the feeling you wanted to rescue the last piece of bread from my hungry mouth, didn"t you ?

The rest of the week will stay wet and unpleasant, unfortunately not a good time to go out for a walk. But we could go to the movies ones again, or to an exhibition or concert. I hope you are not tired by my invitations. I still hope that you propose something.

Please write some words before going to bed.

Take Care my Dear

Michael

PS: Whether you believe it or not, it is the same person that writes you the e-mails and that is around in the institute during the day. And I"m not schizophrenic, just try to keep two spheres of life separate. I know it is impossible,but at least I can try to give the impression to the outside..


...............................................................................................

hi michael,

did you return your thing ?
i love the bread. i still have it for tomorrow. no you could have the bread, did not know that you wanted more.

i was looking on uv light and melanin production.. i still think its the melanin production that is increased. i mean, normally they produce less, then when it is exposed to uv it increases. but i could be wrong. i asked dag jenssen, hope he answers.
u can have a look at this abstract, i couldnt get the whole article.

we could maybe do something on friday, or thursday.

have a good night!

................................................................................................

Ghazal my Dear,

It is o.k. with the bread, I liked it but could not eat much more (like with chocolate).
Thanks a lot for the literature search you did about the problem of UV-induced gene regulation. You are so careful, I did not expect that someone else would sit on the computer right away and try to collect some informations. Thanks once again. I"ll read the articles tomorrow, because my WiFi at home is a bit slow today.

Do you have an idea already what you"d like to do Thursday or Friday. Whatever you dream of, I"ll be happy to guide you. A weared music pub,an avantgard jazz-club, a posh disco, a fine movie, restaurant (if you want I"ll stay for the whole evening with you at McDonalds). I"ll be happy to go with you anywhere. Just outdoor activities will be difficult, due to the rainy weather.

Sleep well,my Dear

Michael

PS: In principal, I personal don"t need the split between scientific day-work and privat evening relation. I love both, I really love my work, Ghazal, and I think science can also give big spiritual satisfaction, same as the time and the conversation with you after work. I don"t see a contradiction between the two. Maybe for you it is different, I try to respect this and try to make it feasible for you. Don"t want you to hate me at the end..

................................................................................................

Ghazal ,my Dear, you are indeed an Angel doing night-shift work !!!
If I understand right what you put together about UV-exposure and tanning, then it is indeed an upregulated melanin-production rather than a proliferation of the melanocytes. But then, as discussed today on our drive to the Uni, there must be a melanin-promoter that respondes to UV light and switches on the melanin-gene. I just cannot imagine this has not been identified and cloned so far.
We will check tomorrow.

Have a good night

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment